Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweet Potato Pancakes updated recipe!



As I told you before... I am playing with the recipe and I am getting closer! They were fluffy today! YAY!!! So excited. Here is the updated recipe from the post earlier this week:


1 cup pancake mix
3/4 cup of water (1 cup water)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin spice (I use cinnamon)
1/2 sweet potato puree
My additions not in book:
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 table spoon milled flaxseed (this is a rough estimate...I used my hands b/c I forgot I was measuring for you...)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder  (I may add more next time...this maybe the reason it was gummy)
1/4 cup of flour

Mix everything together EXCEPT the pancake mix and flour then add them. It should be lumpy. Then cook as you would any pancake! Add maple syrup if that is your thing (I do not do this for John). The trick this time was the flower and baking powder (I used soda last time)


Here are some pictures 


For more information on this recipe visit my earlier post.
Here is the pancake mix I used this time! I liked it and with this and the flax seed you are getting a lot of you daily fiber! BONUS!!!

All of the pancakes minus one (Jeffrey ate one and loved it!)

The pancake on the right is before I added the flour...notice the difference     
Hope y'all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment