When I was pregnant with John I was craving Fajitas. Because most fajita recipes have MSG in them and the hubs is allergic we had to find a recipe online. So, Jeff and I set out on a hunt for the best recipe for fajitas and we found it!!! After living in El Paso for a year we got spoiled with the best Mexican food and tortillas a
- 2lbs of skirt steak, chicken breast (deboned), or pork tenderloin (I think it works best with poultry)- slice your meat up first
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/3 c lime juice (freshly squeezed for better flavor and fell free to put more- lime never hurts)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 can beer
- 1 large onion sliced
- bell pepper (as much as you'd like-this was not included we added it)
- flour tortillas- freshly made are the best!
- Lime wedges- as many as you want
- whatever garnishes you want.... toppings are endless
Heat up your grill. (For best results) You will need iron skillets to cook the meat and veggies. Bring your olive oil (and even lime juice to squeeze on the meat as you cook) outside with you to put on the skillet so the meat and veggies do not stick to the pan. The skillets will make the meat and veggies caramelize- YUMMY!!!
Assemble your fajita and squeeze lime juice on it- I learned this trick in El Paso- we won't eat fajitas without fresh lime! Yes I LOVE LIME!!! El Paso changed me.... I even prefer it in my water to lemon! I hope y'all enjoy the fajitas as much as we do... I wish I had a picture for you so John will have to do...